Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 08:53:19 PST
<<Honey bees are getting a bad rap today in the conservation movement and
among gardeners for being an invasive species that out competes native
pollinators. I've read about the deprivations of honey bees are coming from some in the scientific community who covet the money that is being spent on honey bee research.>>

Hello Gang,

We do not have to be scientists to clearly see a fundamental problem with
this situation. The old axiom says, to find the truth, follow the money.

I'm not a bee scientist either, but I do have a great deal of experience
with paradigm shift in peoples lives. This study has been a part of my
life for the past 11 years. I have notice a trend that is disturbing
to me. There is an increase in the acceptance of a statement as fact
simply because of the willingness of a person to believe it.

It has nothing to do with whether this statement is true. There is a
decreasing trend also. It is the willingness of a person to check for
themselves whether a statement is true. The over all paradigm is this;
(If it sounds good to me, then it is good enough for me, and don't try
to impose your reality on me!)

I ask myself this question daily; Why am I doing this?
This simple question keeps my paradigm in the constant state of
preparedness to shift. Things don't sneak up on me now like they
used to. At the risk of being cliche, here are a few things that were thought
to be true.

The earth is flat, man will never fly, man will be killed if he travels
at a speed of more than 30 mph.

Relating to beekeeping, ask the big question, Why am I doing this?

1, Feeding antibiotics to healthy bees.

2. Using foundation that is larger than normal.

3. Using insecticide in a colony of insects.

My point here is to think about why we do these things on a regular basis.
This way when someone comes up with what might be a solution to a
vexing problem, we will be willing to listen and try it.

There are those who fit this model now, and if you are one, count yourself
in the minority.

Ernie Gregoire "Beekeeper," definition= partially brave,

                            partially excentric

Grist Mill Apiary

Canaan, NH. USA

01/19/99 08:53:19