From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jan 2024 19:58:49 -0500
>  Weather matters quite a bit to both farmers and beekeepers

Very true.

>  90%+ accurate,...80%+ accurate...exactly accurate 50%+ of the time

What do these terms mean?  A person could drive a truck through such vagueness.  And a wild guess is probably close 50% of the time, in some regions, like La Paz.  If I predict that the day there will be between twenty-five and eighty and sunny or mostly sunny ten days from now,, I'll be right 95% of the time.  How about that low-tech forecast.  If I guess a north wind I'll score sixty-five percent or better.

Now, around here?  Not so simple.  We get Chinooks that can take the temps from minus thirty  C to plus twenty and back in an eight-hour span.