From:
Christina Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 2013 21:09:21 +0000
Hi Peter,

I don't know if embryo stress is why some bees die part-ways out of their cells, but it is a good question, and fits with the evidence in this paper under discussion.  It just needs some study or studies to verify.

This is what I mean by "molecule to planet" thinking about nature.  It all is truly tied together, but we humans have an inborn bent to pigeonhole things.  There are good evolutionary reasons why we do (another topic) but where "understanding the universe" is concerned, we are constantly tripping ourselves up because of it.

Thanks for your question.

Best wishes,

Christina