Date:
Tue, 25 Oct 2005 13:07:38 GMT
Mike,

>>a plastic grain bag and not burlap.

Why not use an inner cover made of solid material like masonite?  I kind of like the grain bag approach for a nuc as there would be less of a chance to crush bees - it should make it a bit easier for them to get out of the way before the telescoping cover goes on.

>>...cross over the frames through the channels. Great place for SHBs to hide!

No doubt.  Do you find SHBs in Vermont?  I've only heard of SHBs as far north as the Carolinas.

Waldemar