From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jan 2016 20:15:25 -0600
I want to use the sucrose to feed late winter if the need arises. I am thinking about buying a barrel heater with a thermostat to keep the temp down and insulate around them to assist in even heating.
I'm just not sure at what temp it will go back to liquid.

We do this a lot  several times a year  as we buy truckloads and store it in totes.  You well have no problem with a  barrel band heater,  or even a hot box and a spacer heater.  You need to get it to about 105 to liquefy,  and should have no problems with HMF,  even running it up to 120 for a few days.  And yes we have tested.

Bigger issue is late season feed,  We can never get them to go to a feeder if the outside temps are less than 50F.  you would need to invert right over the cluster.   I would suggest you ponder the plan a bit, not sure if your looking for emergency stores or build up.

Charles