From:
Joe Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jan 2015 09:12:17 -0500
Better Queens by the great Jay Smith is required! Michael Bush makes it available at: http://www.bushfarms.com/beesbetterqueens.htm  Smith died in 1949, knew CC Miller, really understood bees.
More than 50,000 titles at the EF Phillips collection: http://bees.library.cornell.edu/  but start with the classic 50 Years Among the Bees by Miller, followed by A Years Work in the Out Apiary by GM Doolittle.
Following the Bloom gives an inside look at a few of the approx 1,000 families that operate the migratory pollination business in the US. Close up of Merrimack Valley Apiaries, Andy and Chrystal Card, etc.
Robbing the Bees by Holly Bishop, I loan out first! Very enjoyable.
After 40 or 50 years of ABC of Beekeeping, the ABC-XYZ follow-ons changed as new editors came along.  All editions are good, but I like the ones from 1910 - 1921.  The older ones are getting pricey on Amazon used books.
Joe Lewis, Bel Air, MD, USA