From:
Becky boehm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 21:24:45 -0400
Hello all ,
When extracting  2 weeks ago I had a colony that stored pollen in the
bottom super about 2/3 of the way up the frames. After checking that  the
bees did in fact have plenty of pollen in the brood chamber  I scraped
the pollen filled comb into some jars and froze it.  Well it tastes
delicious in a very small amount.  Question,  is this pollen just as good
as what is collected at the hive entrance.  Should I not be eating this
in small amounts just as I would collected pollen?  I dislike the thought
of wasting this good prouduct but have found no references to it in any
of my books, or in the archives.

On another subject, cleaning smokers, in the fall I take the bellows off
my smoker and set the smoker in a coffee can of kerosene for a day. The
creasote inside ( i burn pine needles) soakes up some of the kerosene.
Then pull it out and set it on my barbeque and light it, when it is done
burning in about an hour there is a loose crust inside that falls out
when turned over leaving a like new smoker.  I oil the leather (neetsfeet
oil) and put it back togeather for another year.
Good talking to youall,
Al Boehm
Columbus N C