Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 07:47:20 -0400
Thanks for the input.  I wound up placing the supers in the oven at around
100 deg. F for an hour or so, and then extracting.  I had to pay close
attention to the condition of the wax with this method, however - it's very
easy to let them sit too long in the heat.  I guess it's time to build a
warming box.

I did manage to extract about 80% of it.  The rest should make an excellent
base for mead (something I've been planning to do for some time anyway).  I
think I'll soak the frames in warm water to extract the granulated honey,
and use that as the basis for some cyser (apple cider/mead).

Thanks,

Todd
(Who's been looking for an excuse to make some mead)