From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2018 04:59:06 +0000
> .>Why so many times? Neighbors.

As you might know I am working assisting a Beekeeping proyect at PerĂº. We
started with 800 colonies 3 years ago and now we are close to 8000. We keep
varroa under 1% treating only with monoxalate strips (glycerinoxalic) twice
each 15 days.
We have in place a very strick monitoring of varroa with powder sugar sakes
monitoring randomly 10% colonies of each apiary.

However after this 3 years of data the regretion line shows us that we are
building a varroa base.

Eventough we are quite isolated a mixture of mite bombs and a little mite
imigration from our neighbours doesn't lets us reduce total varroa.

I recommended today to treat Nucs with monoxalate strips at the moment they
are make and not waiting for the queen's mating and to repeat 3 times each
12 days all colonies when we get close to 1% as average for the complete
monitoring (800 colonies per month ... aka 10%).

I shall see in three more months if we are able to decrease the slope of
that regretion line.

Will inform.