From:
"Moote, John M." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 1995 03:37:47 -0400
I bought my 3 lb package of bees and Midnight queen through Dadant from York
Apiaries in Jessup, GA.  They updated me twice by mail of the target ship
date. They hit the final target date within three days and beat out local
Michigan suppliers (who drive down to GA and bring back orders) by two to
three weeks.  They answered my phone calls and provided all the information
I needed.

So far, the bees are doing great!  I have about 40 lbs of honey already plus
the two large brood chambers filled out nicely.  They have a mild
temperament, draw wax a little reluctantly, haven't swarmed and appear to be
disease-free.  The propolis has been manageable but I have no other hives to
compare.  I think a fellow beekeeping friend was surprised at my good
fortune as a beginner, but it was the bees, not me!  I can recommend York.

I may try Weaver next year, perhaps Buckfast after all the interesting BEE-L
discussion.  I may also order a Starline queen from Dadant/York.

John Moote