From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 2006 16:19:23 -0400
Ted Hancock wrote:

> Currently in North America we have hundreds of beekeepers who make a
> living from honeybees without moving their hives. But we can see from
> recent posts on bee-l that the industry profile is moving towards large
> migratory operations.
The industry profile has been that way for along time. It is not recent
at all. We have had migratory beekeepers in Maine for many years. Plus
we had the same heat over Tracheal and Varroa that California is
exhibiting over SHB.

All we have is a repeat of history with a new cast of characters.

The archives are wonderful, but also a little depressing. A lot like a
person lost in a snowy wood that finds a set of footprints and know that
all he need do is follow them to safety. Then he sees that someone
else's footprints have joined the person he is following so knows he is
even more sure of safety. Then another and he is elated to know how
right he is in following the prints.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine