From:
Mike & Linda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Dec 1996 17:05:13 -0500
Hello all, and a Happy Holiday Season !

I was wondering if anyone could give me any pointers on a matter of
pollination. I'm going from six to 10-12 hives total next year, and I
plan to exchange pollination services for a place to keep my bees. In
this particular instance, the crop is 25 acres of pumpkins. The acreage
is mostly contiguous, with 2/3 being 1/2 mile from the other 1/3. About
how many colonies of bees are needed, minimum? Assuming a good supply of
other natural sources, how many is too much? Can't seem to find specific
data on pumpkin pollination in the usual sources. Any imput here would
be extremely useful. Thanks

Mike