From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 23:48:04 -0600
> I know there are people from all over the world in this list, and I
> would like to ask if somebody has ever used the "Neem tree" for
> controlling Varroa?

There have been tests done in California and in Canada.  The initial
rumour was that it was effective against tracheal, but more recent word --
as I recall -- is that is is worthless as a treatment and questionable in
its appropriateness in a honey environment.

I believe Adony had some good comments to make in Saskatoon about Neem
and other essences that he has been looking at and I was hoping he'd jump
in here, but maybe he does not read the list these days or maybe he's
away.

On thing to keep in mind is that there are a number of Neem products and
it may be hard to generalize...

Seems we talked about this before somewhere.  I think I'll search...

(The writer makes a quick visit to
http://www.beekeeping.co.nz/beel.htm
and searches for neem and...)

Aha!

29 Hits.

I'm forwarding to Teresa Garcma <[log in to unmask]>

Others can visit http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee/Neem.htm
and see what I found.

Allen

---
Newsflash!  Visit http://www.beekeeping.co.nz/beel.htm
to search BEE-L archives the easy, easy way or to
update or change your subscription options.
---