Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Mar 2015 09:05:08 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (17 lines)
And, of course, at the top of the food chain is US as the food manufacturers have no way of taking the systemics out of what ends up on the shelves.

Chris,  your speaker was defiantly biased,  As I am not a chemist,  putting it to best terms is difficult.  Birds, people, mammals in general are not affected by these pesticides.   Earthworms so far as we see are not either.  Worms abound in the fields,  more so with lower tillage.  But since worms do not feed on the plants, they are unaffected.  10 years of heavy use in this area,  worms and other insects are no different than they were before.

Unfortunately we have become a nation of people with nothing more to do with the free time,  than to confound very odd conspiracy's.  I defiantly don't understand it.  Serious legitimate questions are great,  but some of the off the wall theories astound me.  In my yard,  the number one pest,  is Robins.  Period,  squriiels are a late second.   Damm robins eat everthing,  from the chicken feed,  to all the berries and grapes,  pecking holes in fruit as they eat bugs.....  Literaly hundreds around.   Robins main food is insects.  Worms Grasshoppers etc....  Neonics have no effect.

Your speaker is what I would counsider a fringe base.  Keep this in mind,  without being one to stand up and squawk,  he doesn't get attention.  Someone asked him to speak and that’s what motivates many of these people.    Notiriety on subjusts they know nothing about.   Sounds like he may be a good salesman for the flow hive.

The 1% of the nation that is farming and putting food on the shelves look very close at these issues constantly.  Unsafe food is a bigger headline than a few dead bees.  Watch how fast the FDA reacts to lettuce poisoning and get a clue as to the reactions when things go wrong.  If neonics were harming people you will hear about it.

Charles

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2