From:
DONALD M CAMPBELL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 09:57:38 -0500
Hi All,

This is my first winter with the bees ( 3 hives).  It's been pretty cold
here in upstate New York below freezing at night and it will warm up to the
low 50s, if it sunny, during the day.
I've noticed a few dozen bees dead in the front of the hives on almost on a
daily basis. They have plenty of honey and looked large and healthy a month
ago.
Being new to this, should I be concerned or is this the normal die off for
this time of the year?

Thanks

Don