From:
Elizabeth Vogt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Apr 1998 20:26:49 -0700
Tomorrow is my 1st week inspection of my 5 hives that I set up last week
(from bee packages via Ruhl's in Portland).

This evening, after replacing their sugar syrup in the board feeders, I
couldn't help myself and peeked into each hive, removing the outer lid,
then slightly lifting up the inner, masonite lid.   Each hive had comb
hanging down from the inner lid into the hive box between the frames ...
This comb had no larvae, and I didn't lift out any frames to see if there
were brood (thus ofcourse a productive queen),  bc. I'll be doing that
tomorrow  with the aid of my smoker ...

I don't recall reading about this "extra" comb, nor hearing about it in my
bee class.  Is this "normal"?

Sincerely,

Elizabeth