Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 1995 05:25:43 -0500
Hi,
     I would like to requeen two of my hives and produce comb honey. I
have a few people asking about old fashioned comb honey and they indicate
that it is hard to find.  I have read a lot about producing comb honey
but the bee keepers (authors) neglect to mention where they get their
queens, hence the problem.  Where do I purchase queens that are better
adapted at producing bees that make beautiful comb honey. I would not
like to spend a lot of money and time finding out which queens do the
best job.  Has anyone got any ideas ?
     I do like to experiment and have bought different breeds of bees
each year but my wife is about to her limit on the number of hives that
she thinks should be at the house.  I have moved some of the hives to a
farm some three miles away so it won't be as crowed at home.
     Thanks for the input. As you can probably guess I do not want to
make a lot of comb honey. Only enough to satisfy the needs of a small
group of individuals who like the taste of the comb. :-)