From:
Dave Burrup <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2012 16:43:30 -0600
Out here we have the Hobo spider, also known as the Aggressive House Spider.
In the past ten years they have really become common.  I have had them crawl
across my bare chest while in bed.  I was bitten once on the hand.  The
necrotic spot remained small but it felt like I was hit with a hammer while
my hand was on a hard surface.  The venom is supposed to be very toxic to
fatty tissue.  Bites on the thigh and buttocks supposedly get real ugly.
They form pit scars.  They are everywhere outside, and in the fall during
the mating season they will move into buildings.  Spiders really freak me
out.  I am sure glad we do not have the Brown Recluse too.
Dave
South East Idaho