From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Oct 2012 10:31:42 -0400
Hello,

Randy, you here?

I was planing on getting about 6 queens
for establishing colonies for comparison.

I thought it might be a good opportunity
to test mite load and evaluate how colonies
perform in my area.

I plan on starting 12 hives with new
foundation.

Foundation will be 5.1 mm

All will be hived with May feral swarms.

6 will be requeened with commercial queens.
Maybe I can send the 6 replaced feral queens
to you to check out if you want them. (This will be
around mid May)

I am not revealing the source of the queens.
However, I will only reveal the source if
results are favorable to the supplier.  This is
NOT a test of commercial queens, it is a test
of the mite pressure in my area, and it would
not be fair nor my intent to cause harm to
others.

I would like to post results on here on
the list.  Each hive will be identified only
by a random number.  I would expect
the test to run at least 2 years.

Randy, if you have time could you set
me up with suggestions for testing