From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2018 10:34:30 -0500
>When experts such as yourself offer advice to a large group of beekeepers, it is my hope that they are offering such advice based upon strong evidence and >considerable experience.

I was pretty clear both times saying it was not based on total Science,  and  my experience! I doubt it has a huge effect on many who don’t ask more questions..  It seems to me that in most areas fall/ winter dribble is already rare,  and my experience seems to match the published data for overwintering.  I do get your thoughts. Points!  But it seems I am not the only one who thinks fall dribble in cold climates is not the best idea.

> 5 cc per seam applied only once.

>This is the key question here Charlie.  How did you measure/confirm the amount applied per seam of bees?

The method is pretty much what you described,  practice with a garden sprayer until your fairly proficient.  No magic syringe or measurement,  again,  not science we were doing,  treating yards.  Different expectations!

>For your hives in a cold-winter area, the recommendation is not to exceed
>50 mL total per hive.  Do you remember how much you actually applied?

No final numbers of applied were calculated, but with an average of 14 seems op bees,  times 5 ml each we would have probably been well over the 50 ml range. Closer to 70ml

Charles