From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jul 2009 07:59:52 -0400
On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 21:24:05 -0500, Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>My last few hundred of Carniolans were crap. Cost me
>money to keep around. I also do not care for Russian bees and I have had
>Russian bees for a few years including the release last year.
>To be honest we loved the bees we had before mites.

Thanks, Bob, for an interesting point by point response to Charlie's writing.

Prior to varroa, I loved bees too, but my favorite was the New World Carniolan. I bought
breeder queens from Sue and sold thousands of queen cells grafted from them. I always
thought they were the ideal bee. Traveling to Slovenia in 2003 only deepened my affection
for them.

You say you don't care for Russian bees but you don't say why?

pb