From:
Wayne Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2007 16:54:44 -0400
At 08:38 AM 4/12/2007 -0400, you wrote:
>There are assumptions here, that the mite collapse occurred during the
>winter and then you will have lots of dead bees. If you collapse in the
>fall, bees can fly out and die, plus bees will clean out the dead in the hive.

Hi Bill,

Do you know of any definite cases of CCD in Maine? That is I know a hard
question to determine an answer for being that the bees might have suffered
from other problems.

I haven`t kept myself up to date to know how far this has gone.

I guess a big problem is going to be the trucking of bees up into Maine for
pollinating.This is something that can`t be avoided,but I hope that CCD
doesn`t cover the whole Northern area of the country.

As I mentioned earlier being in my location I don`t use Apistan or any
other chemical on my bees,and have had know problem.

Wayne Young