From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2017 13:22:08 -0400
> It seems to say that in the long run Afrikanized bees will dominate in
Seatle, but not in Virginia.

I think that this is best interpreted as a statement that "mild winters will
persist in Seattle" but "Virginia will still have cold enough winters to
kill colonies without significant stores".

So, they are describing the climate, but ignoring that "hybrid AHB" may or
may not store honey just as well as EHB.
I detest such "modeling", when one could do a far better job with actual
data from actual bees collected from actual fields, and let the data tell us
what climate limits seem to slow (or halt) the spread of AHB.

I understand the need for models when data cannot be obtained for love or
money, but this seems nothing but speculation that fails to clearly list the
assumptions inherent in all the speculation.  The result is similar to an
old joke:

Three statisticians go hunting.
They spot a rabbit.
The first statistician aims, and overshoots.
The second aims, and undershoots.
The third shouts "We got him!"
The rabbit hops off.