Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2018 10:17:56 -0400
> Quercetin, a flavonol found in many honeys, essentially all pollen, and in
> propolis in many parts of the world, also upregulates at least 12 genes
> encoding cytochrome P450 monooxygenases, including CYP9Q1, CYP9Q2, and
> CYP9Q3, which detoxify both tau-fluvalinate and coumaphos14 and enhances
> longevity of workers ..

Great find, Peter.
It would be interesting to run an experiment comparing the fungus with the
naturally occurring quercetin.

The fact that it is naturally occurring would answer the fact that virus
have been in bee colonies well before Varroa but never an issue. It was
only after tracheal and then Varroa that they were no longer in check.

All sorts of interesting questions come out of this finding. Are we going
to need to treat with fungii when we already have its equivalent in our
hives? It all gets back to control Varroa and you will not need much
anything else.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine