From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 17:23:08 -0500
Bob asked a number of "temperature related" questions tipping his hand that
he's planning to freeze the SHB out of existence.  I don't have the answers
to Bob's questions, but can pass on that perhaps humidity (or lack thereof)
may be a more promising strategy.  Again, I cannot supply the source or
quote a reference (perhaps I'm reading too much and/or attending too many
conferences), but I recall reports that the shb life cycle can be broken by
extremely dry conditions.  The specific anecdote I recall was that a
dehumidifier in the honey room kept shb eggs from hatching.  Helps keep the
moisture content down in your honey too!

Aaron Morris - thinking how dry I am!