Date:
Tue, 20 Oct 1998 23:22:30 -0500
Thomas W Hoyt wrote:

> Is there a difference between a bee sting "allergy" and the fact that
> when I get stung the spot gets red, itches, swells a bit, etc?

BIG difference! You are not having an allergic reaction just a normal,
and it sounds mild, reaction to the bee venom. When you suffer
incapacitating swelling/pain, nausea, loss of breath and/or
consciousness you might want to seek medical help. Course I'm NOT a
doctor so I'm not pretending to practice medicine here. My reaction is
pretty much like what you described - but I do keep an epi pen around
just in case.

AL