From:
David Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Sep 1998 20:08:20 -0400
At 16:07 -0400 9/27/98, Dr. Gerald L Barbor wrote:
+AD4APg-There are a number of specific strains of BT and only the  one designed
+AD4APg-for wax worm larvae will work.  I have an article given me by our state

+AD4-Please let us know. Do you know where to get the strain for bees. I have
+AD4-not seen it in bee supply catalogs. What are the problem with using the
+AD4-strain found in the home and garden center?

It has to be fall. Every year about this time  Wax Moth questions arise, and
we go round and round, discussing the if, buts and ands of the various
highly questionable treatments available.
    So once again for your approval or otherwise, I submit the following:-
        We can supply 'Certan' a BT treatment against wax moth larvae. As
far as I can assertain it is not a banned substance either in Canada or the
US, just dealers who don't, can't or won't stock it.
        It is the ONLY biological treatment against wax moth, our catalog
quotes.
+ACI-In 120ml plastic bottles, enough for 120 frames. It is the only biological
larvaecide available for the control of wax moths. It will not harm you,
your bees, your wax or honey. Prepare a spray mixture of one part Certan to
nineteen parts of water. Apply approx 10ml of spray mixture to each side of
the 'Brood Comb'. Thorough coverage of the frames is essential. Certan can
be applied in the fall prior to placing dried combs in storage or in the
spring prior to returning the frames to the colony.
        Price +ACQ-18.76 US. Expensive? Not if you have to replace 12 boxes of
drawn brood comb.
        Is it dangerous to humans? I for one never eat brood comb+ACEAIQ-    +ADs--))
Please can we move on?
+ACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKg-
The Bee Works, 9 Progress Drive, Unit 2, Orillia,
Ontario,Canada.
David Eyre. Owner.
Phone (705) 326 7171 Fax (705) 325 3461
beeworks+AEA-muskoka.net
www.muskoka.net/+AH4-beeworks
+ACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACoAKgAqACo-