From:
Barry Birkey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 08:06:21 -0500
> From: Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
> It's not 2 Ys on the same frame, it's a pair of frames
> positioned such that the DOWN ys are facing each other for
> imaginary center in our domestic colonies.
>
> YA YA YA YA YA AY AY AY AY AY

I think the confusion comes from there being two different diagrams being
presented. One, where it has been said that in feral hives there is one
unique comb from the center of the broodnest that has the inverted Y on both
sides, and the other, where an attempt is made to duplicate this pattern in
our manmade hives. In this case where a unique center comb is not available,
it is simply not included and the remaining pattern is used, inverted Y's on
combs facing the imaginary center like the above diagram.

Regards,
Barry