From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 1995 14:59:48 -0600
<snip>
> Bee-l is supposed to be for "Discussion on Bee Biology". We have
> tended to stray substantially from that into bee farming, honey
> production, wax uses and so on. Maybe bee-l should be returned to
> its original mandate and a new line for non-biology related stuff
> should be started.  What think?

<snip>

I've noticed that there hasn't been a topic on this list of interest
to me personally for some time - with the possible exception of this
one.  I have asssumed that this condition would pass and the
list might someday return to its former glory.

I've almost quit archiving the list because there isn't much worth
archiving (IMHO).  I'm very close to unsubscribing, myself.

For some time now, I have considered a list for serious,
experienced (largely commercial) beekeepers and government extension
workers and scientists.  Ideally such a list would be lower volume
and perhaps moderated.

Last time I brought it up I got flamed, and so I have held back to
see what developed.

Personally I am for free expression on this list, and feel that no
one should try to limit discussion.  However, I am thinking that
there should be an alternative.

If there is any interest, please email me personally.

Flames to \dev\nul

Regards

Allen

W. Allen Dick, Beekeeper                                    VE6CFK
Rural Route One, Swalwell, Alberta  Canada  T0M 1Y0
Honey. Bees, Art, & Futures <http://www.cuug.ab.ca:8001/~dicka>