From:
j h & e mcadam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 1997 20:43:20 +1000
Marian Piltilie wrote:

>Pure  Acacia honey never cristalize.
>And for sure Black Locust tree grow in other european countries
>I'm curious, this tree did not grow on other continents?

The Black Locust tree originates from eastern North America.  It has been
planted in Australia as an ornamental tree particularly around farmhouses
but does not exist in sufficient quantities to support a honey flow.  The
old trees are known for developing suckers around the base which must be cut
out annually.  I have bought a grafted one from a nursery for my yard but
did not observe bees working the flowers and am worried that the nursery has
produced a variety which is not attractive to bees.

>Other personal curiosity was wether in the world exist other
>types of honey which not cristalize. Now I know about blue and
>Pink Gum . Are any others?

Sugar Gum (Eucalyptus Cladocalyx) is also non-crystallizing for a very long
time.  The three eucalypts that produce non-crystallizing honey are also all
pollen-deficient.

Betty McAdam
HOG BAY APIARY
Penneshaw, Kangaroo Island