From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 2008 07:23:02 -0800
In the November Bee Scene (British Columbia), From Bee Scene, Paul van
Westendorp gave an interesting report of the findings from his lab in Canada
this year.  The highlights that caught my attention:

The lab found no correlation between nosema and viruses.

N ceranae declined during summer, sometimes to undetectable levels.  N
ceranae appeared to be no more harmful to bees than N apis.

They could find no positve correlation between varroa levels and viruses.
"In fact, many colonies that ...tested positive for IAPV or KBV had low or
nontectectable Varroa mite infestation levels."

Is this all becoming clear to everyone?  Sure isn't to me!

Randy Oliver