From:
Rich Pelikan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 1994 13:37:05 CST
Hi Nick

 people and sets it out near his hive to let them clean them out. It
would seem quite reasonable that any empty or open container would be
foraged from. If there is any vector in the honey it could be
transmitted.

> Does anyone have (1) anecdotal or (2) literature references to
> anything related to this?  Do bees readily collect honey from
> discarded honey containers and could this be a recognisable
> vector for the spread of honey borne bee diseases?

Richard A. Pelikan, A275CCR
Southeast Missouri State University
BITNET:    A275CCR@SEMOVM
INTERNET:  [log in to unmask]