From:
Ian Steppler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2007 20:12:11 -0500
>>Beekeepers don't need packers to walk over them, they do it
themselves by not representing the facts clearly.

Got it straight yet Peter?
I have got confermation of both prices being offered Canadian funds.

We have seen the same situation happen to the packing industry not too
long ago.  Where the packing industry was caught so short, even a single
shipment automatically became going price.  I know of reports of
beekeepers locking in 2.75$ Canadian of honey near the end of the whole
episode.
But this is far from that kind of situation, did talk to a packer who
quoted 75cents Canadian, but he was not buying much honey at that.  On a
wait and see mode of action.  I believe the market holds much higher than
that.
It will be interesting to see how the next few months influence the market
place.

* Full guidelines for BEE-L posting are at:                                       *
* http://www.honeybeeworld.com/bee-l/guidelines.htm                               *