From:
Peter Chiang Mai <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 2010 08:55:56 -0400
Well there really is a lot to this .....

There are no books that cover all bases.  I just moved my bees from an orchard surrounded by flowers in the adjacent fields.  The flower farmer was spraying and the bees were not doing so well.  I also noticed very little pollen and colonies that were getting weaker every day.

The bees are close to home now and I have seen a huge change in only a few weeks.  There is quite a lot of pollen on the frames now and this seems to have resulted in very active queens, many frames are full of capped brood and fresh eggs.  It is very encouraging.

I would like to help them along and it seems that the sooner I understand nutrition better the sooner I will have stronger colonies consistently.