From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Oct 2005 06:16:48 -0500
Dee said:
> But unfortunately it's not real-world to the
rest of us working.

I understand!

Beekeeping editorial:

 We must also remember that the internet is similar to the halls of a bee
meeting. Things can be said which are not allowed in print as they can not
be *proven*. Each side can present their side of the discussion. Does not
matter their level of knowledge. Exactly like a discussion before or after a
bee meeting or in the halls of a national meeting.

The internet discussion is kind of like a trial. Each side of the discussion
adds its facts or opinions and then the rest of the list in the *jury*. The
difference is you never know the list jury verdict.

You and I are more alike than different Dee! We don't care if its better to
put a hive on blocks or railroad ties. Drill a hole for ventilation or use a
inner cover with a hole.

We are into the deeper issues of beekeeping. We think "outside the box" and
are not afraid to try new ideas. The people on BEE-L list represent less
than 1% of the worlds beekeepers. An elite group!
For the most part what is said on BEE-L stays on BEE-L. We should discuss
all aspects of a given subject.

There are no right or wrong answers and the discussion is not in black &
white. The reader will always with BEE-L or any
other list have to follow along and try to glean useful information which
will help with his/her beekeeping from the not so useful!

On BEE-L I believe we should discuss the taboo subjects which our
researchers avoid because they are afraid of the media, peer pressure or
loss of funding.

Lets talk about AHB and capensis.

 Be honest when you have hive losses so we can all be aware of what's
happening.

I have lost half my hives two different times. In the archives.

If all my hives died tomorrow I would be up on BEE-L saying my hives died
and need help with the problem! Not slipping around trying to hide the
problem so other beekeepers will think I am a perfect beekeeper.

You put the  story of yours & Ed's outfit  for the world to see. I have done
the same with mine with articles and the internet.

To those beekeeping lurkers which are secretive and do not share I say:

Consider the worlds bees as one big bee hive. We  have all got a  shared
interest as beekeepers in the well being of the planets honey bees. Your
problems will eventually be my problems in the future. Lets all work
together to solve the problems and address the tough issues instead of
sweeping under the rug.

Bob