From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2013 18:20:46 -0400
Randy said:
>Of course I saw, but the film could hardly be considered to be a
documentary.

Not only a well done documentary but a long documentary. A shorter version is being made I have been told for schools.

Netflix is the best a quickest way to watch.

Watch and decide for yourselves.

 > The directors started out already knowing the message that
they wanted to produce.

Not so! I was one of the first Maryam & George interviewed. My first interview was filmed in my RV as I had just returned from the road. Because IAPV virus was implicated in CCD ( big joke we know now!) the crew was pointed in my direction. California queen breeders in all their wisdom pointed to the Australian package bees the source of CCD!

The second time at the operation of Bell Hill Honey , Bates City, Missouri.

The third time at the Kansas City downtown farmers marker.

I never believed Maryam & George would follow through to the end. I thought trips to France etc. were only a pipe dream. I was wrong!

 >They interviewed me on film along with other
beekeepers, and we corresponded or spoke occasionally from time to time.

I have advised some of the largest beekeepers in the world. My advice to Maryam & Geaorge was to gather all the film and then try to walk the middle road. I believe the documentary did try to explain the problem.

I expressed Zero doubt the systemics are killing bees and my views are the same as the commercial beekeepers in the film.

Not sure why Randy was left out? I personally am a recluse and hate photo ops! Powerful friends talked me into even talking to Maryam & Geaorge.

I would stake my reputation on saying Maryam & George ( film crew) did NOT have their mind up before starting their journey!

 >Yet they ignored any "documentation"  that did not fit their preconceived
biases.

Also the bayer and monsanto position!

Watch the film please and make up your own mind.

I do not agree with some of the views expressed by those interviewed but glad all sides (organic, sideline, hobby, treatment free and commercial opinions were aired!

bob