From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 May 2011 11:39:26 -0400
> I suspect it is a virus issue combined with bees with a MID GUT issue. *If* there is a new issue *in my opinion* it will be found in the area of the bees mid gut.

Bailey pointed out decades ago that all colonies contain viruses, as I said, AND that they accumulate in the brain. This in itself could account for bees flying off and not coming back.

Disappearing bees is not new, and we have emphasized that this could be due to mental confusion, or a deliberate attempt by the bees to rid the colony of pathogens, or it could be the virus itself causing the bees to disperse and propagate the virus. Doesn't matter which.

> I will say a treatment has been found by *beekeeper researchers *  which improves midgut health .

What the heck is this supposed to mean? You will say this but you won't say what it is? If your interest is to contribute to the Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology, don't whisper stuff like "I know something you don't and I'm not gonna tell."   ):|