From:
Ted Hancock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2013 20:31:34 -0400
I agree, anectodale evidence is too casually dismissed.

I searched the archives for the link Allen posted last June

http://parlvu.parl.gc.ca/Parlvu/TimeBandit/PowerBrowser.aspx?ContentEntityId=9163&EssenceFormatID=873

of testimony by the Ontario beekeepers who suffered losses when corn was planted. This link still works and the testimony is  compelling.

For example:

"... he was getting ready to plant the field around us and it rained and he couldn’t plant for a day. So when he got around to planting which was on (April) the twelfth, there was frost that morning, the ground was wet so I said, we’re in good shape we aren’t going to have any problems. Well he planted it and within an hour and a half we had bees coming out the front of our hives. And I don’t know how many of you are beekeepers but bees can’t maintain flight if they can’t maintain a fifty eight degree body temperature. So at freezing, they don’t even bother coming out of the hive. So the bees started coming out and dying and the only thing that would make sense is that the poison that was on the corn became airborne and floated over across the bee yard. ….They were super strong at that time, we fed them three pounds of pollen and they’d had two feedings of  syrup because we were trying to get em in shape for our queen breeding operation...."

You would think beekeepers would be rallying together demanding compensation for losses like this. But instead we have beekeepers making flippant comments like "there is plenty of data on corn dust and bee mortality, so there
is nothing new in the findings." and "  my corns ache and that
brings rain- there was pesticide so it caused it"

With friends like these, who needs Bayer?

Ted

Ted