From:
Ted Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 10:29:46 -0400
David Eyre wrote:

>          I am left with a simple conclusion, FGMO works, to produce good
> results as the hive gets bigger, either increase the volume or
> frequency of the treatment.
>         Comments?

You didn't say whether or not you also used control nucs without the
treatment, or whether the nucs were made up from Apistan treated mother
colonies.  In the absence of controls, all these observations are simply that:
observations.  The first step in the scientific method, but certainly no basis
for making any kind of conclusion.  If you have no varroa, and your aim is
production rather than science, it is perfectly fine.  Yet such observations
must be verified by controlled scientific experiments by others as well.

Ted Fischer
Dexter, Michigan USA