From:
Bob Darrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 2008 09:32:00 -0500
On 15-Nov-08, at 7:51 PM, Robert Buntine wrote:

> Can anyone suggest a method of converting the crystallised honey in
> frames into a honey that can extracted.

Hi Robert and all

Dee suggests a hot room, but if you are doing only one super or a few
frames, make a small room. I built one out of styrofoam(SM) big
enough to hold one super or a couple of pails.  The heat source was a
12W halogen bulb.  I used a remote reading thermometer to check the
temperature.  After several days the temperature rose to 40C(104F)
and the honey could be poured from the pails.  Trial and error with
frames and slow extractor speed(as Dee suggests) will likely be
successful.

Bob Darrell
Caledon Ontario(1 inch of snow on the ground this morning)
Canada
44N80W