From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 May 2013 18:19:11 -0400
Hello All,

I finished reading Randy's interpretation of what happened to the bees last winter in the June issue of ABJ.(pg.645)

Interesting opinion piece but lacks reality in my opinion

I suggest reading page 575 of the June article:

""Bee Industry Hosts U.S. EPA for tour of almond pollination sites"

"Dead Bees and Show the Extent of the Losses"

Bill T. says we must wait till the USDA / Bee Informed winter 2012/2013 survey is out.

2012/2013 Survey:

9.2% increase over the previous winter of 2012/2012.

The reason I give little importance to the survey is as BEE Informed says the survey is based on 22.9% of beekeepers. LESS THAN ONE FOURTH.

Could you base the winter loss rate on your local association if less than a fourth of your members commented?

Both National organizations and those representing the "Bee Industry" think there is a serious problem with hive loss.

bob

Welcome back Jim Fischer!