From:
Cusick Farms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Dec 2012 14:55:29 -0500
That wouldn't be a good control group for small cell, you just listed four
or five confounding variables other then small cell.  I believe you
indicated they treat (a new variable for each treatment type), they requeen
(that would indcate to me a completely different type of bee depending on
where their stock comes from), I assume they don't use small cell so
there's that.  You said they feed you don't (or at least sucrose/fructotse,
that's another factor.  You mentioned some are migratory, there's another
factor,  The location of the bee labs would be another, I'm not familar
with the area but is the bee lab was near agriculture or town etc etc. that
would be yet another variable.  You also make it sound like all of the
beekeepers around you are unsuccessful, I somehow doubt that all of your
controls are failing.

You can claim all parts are necessary, but I like evidence that I'm not
wasting my time and effort, especially since I would be working with
different bees in a different environment.

I'll jump on board when I can see actual evidence that small cell is part
of the success not the paint on the hive.

Jeremy
West Michigan