From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2018 20:10:42 -0400
>​Why not respect the moderator's ad ill disagree.  I understand the problem with excessive quotes.nauseum request and simply don't quote previously posted material? ...Why is the Subject: header not enough? Aaron Morris<
Aaron, this is something where we may disagree.I've accidentally violated that request, and you've been good enough to catch and eliminate lengthy quotes.Here's the rub, when replying to an email, some email services automatically drop the previous message - so no quotes.  Other mail services get helpful by sending back a copy of the original message, again automatically.  I've always assumed that most of us weren't intentionally adding lengthy quotes, that our mail servers were being too helpful.    I always have to remember to check before I hit send on either of my two major email accounts.As to why Subject Header isn't enough - this might be adequate if people changed the subject line to reflect the topic.  You yourself  just demonstrated that this doesn't happen.  You used the Peers.... subject line, rather than the Quotes No Quotes subject line.My vote, with all of the  threads, often with subject lines that don't even follow the comment, and with all of the people commenting - I like to see a short quote to focus the subject.   Or maybe like others, I just need to admit, I don't remember that I don't remember.Regardless, we all appreciate the diligence and hard work you do as moderator.Jerry