From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2013 09:03:52 -0700
>Perhaps someone from Ontario will post what the level of bee kills reported

> previous to neonicotinoids was.

Could someone from Ontario please forward me some pesticide residue
analyses?  I'm curious, for future reference, what levels of clothianidin
were detected in the dead bees.  This information will help in the future
in determining whether bee kills were due to planting dust or to something
else.

With regard to the movement of imidacloprid through soil, the data from the
6-yr study suggest that residues barely moved deeper than 10 cm in one soil
in Germany, and somewhat more in another soil in England.  Not sure about
clothianidin.  It appears that these substances bind pretty tightly to soil
particles.
--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA