From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Feb 2009 21:28:03 -0800

> >Truly a visionary state government at work.

Brian, the vision that they are missing is not so much the sales at organic
markets, but rather that organic farmers are a model for the future when the
price of petroleum rises, and the cost for nitrogen fertilizer, heavy
tillage, and long distance transportation skyrocket.

The organic growers are examples for future sustainability.  I've read the
Calif Farm Bureau newspaper weekly for years, and see the entire ag industry
slowly adopting methods first embraced by organic farmers, that have now
become cost effective.

The same may apply to beekeeping.  I strongly support the organic
beekeepers, since they are the testing ground for methods that we may all
use in the future.

Randy Oliver