From:
David Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 2010 11:10:12 -0500
I have to think that no good for beekeepers will come out of supporting regs for bumble bees,I see to many hidden agendas .

 There are a lot of persons in high places which have been educated beyond there intelligence. I have in two different cases been told by biologists ,one from Florida Division of Forestry,the other from South Florida Water Management,that bees were not wanted on certain tracts  because they would interfere with native pollinators,and hinder endangered species of plants.

  Now wouldn't you think a smart person would deduct that native pollinators are scarce as hens teeth due to native habitat being bulldozed for non native transplants buying houses,and want a few extra pollinators around to help those endangered plants out???.

  The evident thought among those camps are bees are bad little bugs and invasive .I'm not for any support of anything that even mentions any type of restriction on movement of bees or bumble bees. I've had enough government intrusion on my rights already.

 I'm hearing that the Apiary division here in Florida is wanting inspectors to GPS your bee yards when they go to them,no doubt rules and fees will follow at some point , when is enough enough?

  And as Peter pointed out they fail at best. Florida had all those regs in place in the late 80's ,you even had to have empty equipment netted to stop spread of varroa,what a waste of effort and time.

 In a world of free trade,most of which is one way, inbound USA you will never keep pests and the like in control,but I guess I'm to busy trying to make a living and pay the government to see a need for some causes.