From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Apr 1998 18:51:04 -0700
At 07:39 PM 4/11/98 -0400, you wrote:
>My only concern right now is a frosty night. Should I keep the grass in the
>enterance, or remove it and allow everybody inside?

It should melt or dry down and the bees will remove it. Cold or even snow
will not hurt them as they will keep busy making babies in any case.
Packages actually do better with just a light honey flow then they would
say a major honey flow such as heavy Orange flow. You want them to rear the
maximum amount of brood for the next few weeks so you will have a strong
hive for your own major flow and not wear themselves out making honey.

Good Luck,

ttul, the OLd Drone
Los Banos, California