From:
Keith Malone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 23:59:22 -0900
Hi All,

I Have Started A new Yahoo Group for the organizing of "Alaska Beekeepers &
Honey Bee Breeders Guild". If you wish to be involved in this new Guild of
beekeepers and help in it's formation please feel free to help.
Here is the groups draft discription and mission.

For discussions and exchange of information related to Alaska Beekeepers &
Honey Bee Breeders Guild.

Some of the goals of the Guild but not all are;
1. insure the survivability of honey bees in Alaska.
2. To have a group committed to the advanced phases of beekeeping, such as
over-wintering, queen-rearing, hive management, increasing apiary stock, bee
health and pest control, including creating a research apiaries owned by the
Guild.
3. By participating in #2, to create Alaskan bee stock, to support the
community of beekeepers in this state.
4. To be stewards to those beekeepers interested in year round management of
hives.
5. To learn from each other and advance our communal knowledge of healthy
beekeeping tactics.
6. Share resources that provide a means of breeding bees if needed by
members.
7. Develop ways and means of increasing stock in our short season.
8. Teach Alaska beekeepers and potential beekeepers how to be stewards of
honeybees.
9. To create and maintain a Web Site for sharing our knowledge and skills
with others.
10. Fellowship with fellow beekeepers.

This is a Guild of Beekeepers standing together for the health, welfare, and
survivability of Honey bees that we love and admire.

To join this group send an email to the List Owner giving your name and
location, and explaining your experience with honey bees and/or desire to be
a steward of honey bees in Alaska or any place and presenting the email
address you wish to be signed up with. Our membership is not restricted to
only Alaskans but to anyone with common desires and Goals. As of January of
2004 this is a new Guild and we are at present forming a formal organization
and planning our first meeting and forming affiliate groups in Alaska or in
other areas outside our state. In the Future we will form a Guild complete
with meetings, dues, news letter by mail and/or on-line, and officers. All
who share our commitments are welcome to join and be involved no matter how
many hives you keep.
  . ..
c(((([
Keith Malone