From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 May 2007 22:47:56 -0700
Alden Marshall:
I do that think that good bee stock received from Australia
is watering down genetics here in North America to preclude
bees from handling mites, either trachael or varroa. I say
this because all races/strains looked at so far by
beekeepers using SC for such, do not seem to have a problem
with either mites, once their bees are regressed down in
size and queen shift is completed. Also, no one is
reporting problems continuing with secondary diseases
either. Also I would like to add that watering down, as I
see it, wouldn't apply here, as new stock received would
add to, and not take away, in a watering down mode in a
genetic pool.

Dee

http://sims.yahoo.com/