From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2011 19:47:52 -0600
??
Interesting china has both varroa & cerana and is the largest producer of
honey in the world.

Today with what is known about varroa is a better time to get varroa than
when the U.S. got varroa in the 80's. I was lucky back then as I had studied
varroa for the decade before. Thought many beekeepers management.

All you need to control varroa today is available now. Not so back then.

Hopefully Australian beekeepers will find varroa in their hives before the
infestation has been in their hives for three years like Hawaii.

Early detection *plus* having approved treatments available and the
knowledge of the many ways to control varroa is the key to not seeing big
losses.

Terry Brown (Browns Bees Australia) will not see big losses. He has visited
me three times to learn mite control. I have spent many days showing ways I
use to detect varroa and to control varroa at various times of the year(
which is important as time of year changes methods).

bob

Yawn!